Did you know that it’s possible to view and tile images directly from the patient’s Eaglesoft chart? For today’s high tech office, this time-saving feature is extremely helpful and impactful. Every staff member and patient can benefit from this feature. Have you ever heard the quote “A picture paints a thousand words”?
With our seamless integration, all image types (X-rays, extraoralphotos or intraoral photos) are acquired and stored in one patient record, which makes retrieving and using those images later, a piece of cake.If you are looking for quick, clear communication with your patients, the tooth chart and images are a great place to start. Some of what you say to a patient may go in one ear and out the other, but what we see has an effect on us.
Consider using tiled images in the following scenarios:
- Showing before and after treatment images to a patient. This could be before and after a root canal X-rays, or before and after pictures of an old, leaky amalgam filling replaced by a new tooth-colored restoration.
- Showing healing of gum tissue over a period of time.
- Showing images of the same tooth at different angles.
- Pulling up several images of different teeth on one page.
Having multiple images open and tiled means you can work with and see more images at one time, rather than opening and closing several windows. Also, you can individually manipulate each one while they are tiled, leaving the others alone.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to tile images from the chart:
- Open the patient’s chart.
- Highlight the teeth you wish to see images on. Your images will be displayed down the left-hand side of the chart window. Hint: Be sure you see the >> Images button. This ensures the images are “on.” If you are clicking on teeth and not seeing images it’s either because:
- Your images are “off” and need to be turned on. (<< Images) indicates they are off.
- Your images were not labeled with the correct, corresponding teeth numbers. To learn how to assign an image to a tooth, please see FAQ 141.
- Hold the Control key (Ctrl) down and click on all the images you wish to tile. Hint: The selected images will have a border around them.
- Still holding the Control key (Ctrl), double-click one of the images,orright-click and select ‘Open Image’.
- At first it will look like you only have one image opened because all selected images open one on top of the other. You can only “see” the top image. From here select ‘Window’ from the top toolbar and choose ‘Tile Image’ (you can choose to tile horizontally (side by side) or vertically).
- Tile as many images as you would like. This option is useful for comparing before and after images as well as for reviewing treatment over a period of time.
- When finished, simply close the image windows individually, or select ‘Window’ from the top toolbar and choose ‘Close all Image Windows’.
If you would like to learn more about the features in Advanced Imaging, please contact one of our amazing support team members at 800.475.5036 or reach out to a local Technology Advisor. We are here to help you learn how to use all of the incredible time-saving tools your software has to offer, contributing to the patient experience and practice lifestyle.