Quick, easy-to-use products can optimize compliance in your practice. One prime example is fluoride varnish, which is painted on the teeth versus a fluoride gel or foam used with a fluoride tray.
Among varnishes, GC America Fluoride Varnish offers a number of distinct advantages:
- APPLICATION – MI Varnish has no color change when applied to the tooth, and is not tacky or sticky when applied.
- ADHESION – GC’s fluoride remains on the tooth longer than other varnishes, increasing the amount of time for the fluoride to work.
- FLOWABILITY – GC’s smooth, creamy texture allows for even flow over tooth surfaces and interproximally.
- FORMULA – With 5% sodium fluoride and its Recaldent™ technology, GC’s formula releases higher fluoride, calcium and phosphate ions to protect patients, especially those at risk for cavities.
Young dental patients, ages 0 to 18, are great candidates for fluoride varnish as part of their annual well-child exam. But adults can also be good candidates, especially those with the following risks:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Developmental or acquired enamel defects
- Eating disorders
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Active orthodontic treatment
For adults in high-risk populations, two or more applications of fluoride varnish per year are an effective caries prevention measure.
For more information about GC’s MI Varnish, and to access a special offer, click here.