Eaglesoft allows you to store, view and present patient images and X-rays quickly and effortlessly, thus enhancing the patient’s experience in your office. One truly great feature for patient education is the Example Images group, which allows you to save your favorite example images to a gallery that’s accessible from any patient’s chart. This gallery allows you to pull up an image from another patient without leaving the current patient’s chart and without providing any protected health information (PHI).
If you have some great images (maybe a beautiful X-ray of a completed root canal or an image of a stunning smile after veneer placement) you would like to add to your gallery, please follow the steps below:
- From the Eaglesoft Clinical Window go to Lists | Example Groups.
- Select New (or select Edit if you wish to rename an existing example group).
A few examples:
- Before/After – Amalgam to Composite
- Open Eaglesoft Advanced Imaging (this also works with Patterson Imaging).
- Select a patient and an image you would like to save as an example.
- Right-click on the image and select Image Information | Example Group.
- Use the drop-down arrow to select which example group to use.
- Click ‘OK’ to save.
Now, to view these example images from any patient’s chart:
- In Advanced Imaging select the ‘Exams by Type’ button in the Exam Bar window.
- Select the + sign next to Example Images. The Example Image groups will appear below.
- Double-click on one of the folders to open the example images.
Example images are a great way to provide patient education and will help your patients discover what to expect from your recommended treatment. Having these images readily available will help to improve the patient experience and the practice lifestyle. If you need any help, please feel free to contact our wonderful support team at 800.475.5036.