It’s nearly impossible to overestimate the value an office manager adds to a dental practice (or any business, for that matter). From keeping the hygiene schedule filled and the insurance workflow moving to staying on top of compliance, HR and inventory, running a successful practice without them would be like trying to be a band without a drummer.
In honor of Office Manager Appreciation Month, we’ve gathered a list of ways to honor these everyday heroes like the rockstars they are. Plus, enter our Rockstar giveaway!
- Tell them! Everyone likes a sincere compliment, and undoubtedly your office manager earns them regularly. Ask your staff to each make a list of things they appreciate and admire, and then compile them. Have a little bit of fun with it by writing them on colorful Post-it notes, stuffing them into fortune cookies, or asking each member of the team to handwrite a special note.
- Have it delivered. There isn’t much that can’t be delivered these days. Consider meal or grocery delivery services, a fresh bouquet every week for the month, warm cookies, or a catered lunch.
- Lighten the load. Considering how hard office managers work, gifts like housecleaning, deluxe carwashes, and an extra day or half-day off work says, “Take it easy; you’ve earned it!”
- Make it personal. What are their hobbies and passions? Few things make us feel more special than realizing we are known and seen. From yoga to cooking class to gardening to NFL tickets, give them something that says you chose it just for them.
- Relax, recharge, and rock on! Massage, manicure, meditation and more are all just a gift certificate away. And we may even be able to help with this one. We’re giving away a $300 Spafinder Gift Card this month to one of the many rockstar office managers out there. Click here to enter the giveaway.
Thank you to all the office managers who work hard to keep their practices running smoothly and patients feeling welcome when they walk through the doors. Hopefully these ideas will help your practice recognize all the amazing work the office manager at your practice does day in and day out.
References and additional resources:
Pamela Maragliano-Muniz, DMD, Brittany Coiro, CDA. September is Office Manager Appreciation Month. How are you celebrating? Dental Economics.
Courtney McLaughlin. 50 Gift Ideas for Administrative Professionals Day. SignUpGenius.
32 Gifting Ideas for Administrative Professionals Day. Vantage Circle.