Give your patients the information they need to come to an informed decision and accept the treatment you recommend. Eaglesoft allows its users to effortlessly create comprehensive treatment plans in minutes and with the right knowledge, maybe even seconds! Here are a few tips to help you master the treatment plan window…
- When creating a treatment plan, be sure to put the date in your description. For example, your description could be “7.10.12 RCT & Crn #13” or “7.10.12 Option1”, etc. Having the date in your description makes sorting through multiple treatment plans a breeze!
- To rearrange treatment items, use the arrow buttons. Selected services can be moved up or down accordingly, as treatment changes. Insurance will automatically be recalculated as services are reorganized.
- Select View All Items to view all services from all treatment plans on one page. Easily move items from one plan to another by right-clicking on the service.
- Sort items in the treatment plan by clicking on any column heading. For example, click on the # button to sort the treatment plan items by phase, Tooth to sort by tooth number or Status to group all items of the same status together.
- Select the Recalc Ins button to update the estimated insurance on a treatment plan, anytime the benefits or fees have changed.
- Add Image(s) to any treatment plan by selecting the Images button. A treatment plan image selector window will appear, allowing you to select as many or as few images you wish to add to the plan. A comments box below each image allows you to add text reminding your patients what you saw in that image. Note: Images will be printed on the treatment plan presentation.
- Create an Informed Consent Document directly from the Treatment Plan window by selecting the hyperlink next to Informed Consent. Saved consents will remain tied to the treatment plan and can be viewed through the treatment plan window or saved to SmartDoc with a digital signature.
- After submitting and receiving back an insurance pre-authorization, use the More Information button to update the estimated insurance and note the insurance amount was approved.
- In the Treatment Plan Processing window, check the box to Suppress Item Detail if you don’t want fees for individual services to show on the patient’s presentation. With this preference, the patient will see only a subtotal for each phase and a grand total for treatment.
- Create Unscheduled Appointments directly from the Treatment Plan window by selecting the Create Appt button. A prompt will appear asking if you wish to select planned services. Select yes and save the details of that appointment. Create just the next appointment or the next several, and when the patient is ready to schedule you’ll only have to drag and drop that already created appointment with all services already attached from the appointment queue.
I hope you found a few of these tips helpful! As always, remember our support team is just a phone call away, so please call us with any questions or concerns (1-800-475-5036). Our goal is to help you to become as efficient as possible, using Eaglesoft’s convenient tools.